The pasta and chickpeas is a traditional dish of Italian cuisine, simple, tasty and substantial. In fact, the chickpeas are among the most calorie vegetables. In addition to being rich in starch, vitamins and fatty acids ( linoleic acid), also contain saponins, substances that help eliminate triglycerides and cholesterol from the gut, and have a good percentage of cellulose.
The recipe for pasta and chickpeas has several variants. I prefer a simple recipe without adding many ingredients to taste better the flavor of the pasta and chickpeas, which like all the soups to be perfect must be dry,"apt".
So here is the procedure to prepare the pasta and chickpeas.
Ingredients for 4 people
Ingredients pasta and chickpeas
- 500 g boiled chickpeas
- 300 g of paste-type tubes
- 1 red onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 stalk of celery
- 3 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 5 tablespoons of olive oil
How to prepare pasta and chickpeas
1. Start the night before to soak the dried chickpeas in cold water.
2. Bake until the beans are soft.
3. Finely chop celery, carrot and onion - I have them grated - and sauté the chopped 5 tablespoons olive oil, adding the chopped rosemary.
4. Add the drained chickpeas and saute the cooking water. Add the cooking water or vegetable broth and tomato sauce.
5. Let flavor over low heat for fifteen minutes.
When it boils dropped the pasta and simmer, add salt and pepper, then serve hot with a nice sprig of rosemary and a dash of olive oil.