Hello everyone and happy Thursday!
Back to write on the blog after I do not know how long, but very much in a day from the sky gray and rainy when the humidity is so heavy that you try a dish able to warm up!
I'll be back then with a recipe for a soup, the lentils and cereals, warm, simple, great to taste with friends or even alone, on a gray day like today!
I will not stand here and complain about the cold eh! Also because today is November 28 and it fits everything!
In fact, I'll tell you, I like at this point of the year the idea of wearing scarf, gloves, coat and prepare many recipes hot and steaming.
Here's to you my soup :
The first of a long and continuing series, hopefully!
Ingredients for 3 people:
- 150 g of lentils
- 70g mix of vegetables (I used wheat, spelled, barley, rice and oats)
- Half red onion
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 stalk of celery
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
How to making Easy Greek Lentil Soup
- Soak the lentils a couple of hours.
- Diced celery, carrot and onion.
- Heat the oil in a large pot and saute over low heat.
- Add the lentils and cook in pan for a few minutes and then joined a liter of hot water, not boiling.
- Do lightly boil and then cover the pan. Cook for about 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, add the cereal mix with lentils cover and let cook for another 20 minutes.
Toast the bread and serve the soup hot topped with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.